Western Air believes that to have a successful partnership, you must have honesty, trust and integrity. It is our goal to provide best in class service with competitive pricing to our customers in order to continue successful relationships and long-term success in the industry.
Western Air is committed to achieving a performance in environmental practice that will not only fulfill its moral obligations but will endeavor to exceed the legal requirements in the refrigeration industry.
Western Air recognises however, that in its day to day operations we have an impact on the environment in a number of ways, and it is committed to avoiding the potentially harmful effects of such activities whenever possible, on its own and in partnership with others.
As part of our continuing effort for quality in all we do, we have developed a policy which we think will enable us to set the standards on effects towards a sustainable environmental improvement for all.
With this in mind we aim to protect the health and safety of our own people and visitors to the site as well as the local community and environment.
We work to help every person at Western Air to understand and implement the relevant aspects of the policy in their day to day work through the communication and monitoring of objectives including health & saftey.
Western Air environmental management is based on the principle of achieving and continuously improving environmental performance.
To achieve this Western Air will meet the following:-
- Complete and whenever possible exceed the requirements of all relevant legislation - where no legislation exists we shall endeavor to set our own standards
- Seek to reduce consumption of materials in our operations, reuse rather than dispose whenever possible and promote recycling and the use of recycled material
- Reduce where practicable harmful emissions
- Promote the use of natural refrigerants
- Work with our suppliers to minimise the impact of their operations on the environment through a quality purchasing policy
- Keep under review the environmental developments in its business area to identify best practice, and introduce improvements to its operating processes and products where appropriate
- To provide the co-operation of all employees through consultation, awareness and training
- Monitor and continually seek to improve performance and publish the results annually